Wednesday 20 June 2012

Come on in and have a seat!

My name is Julie and I invite you into my kitchen (and a corner of my life)  because food is really important to me.  Growing, buying, preparing and eating of food is fundamentally gratifying to me.  It is intrinsically linked to our cultural identity and life itself. And for some reason we seem to have become distanced from all of it.

I hope that others can discover (or rediscover) the pure pleasure and satisfaction that home cooked food can bring.


Rediscover the pleasure of making your grandmother's favorite recipe, and the pleasure of knowing that the food you prepared will make those at your dinner table healthier and stronger.  The pleasure of knowing the money you spent on your food helped to support someone else's life in similar ways.

This doesn't require expensive cooking lessons, or a ridiculous commitment of time or money.   I am not suggesting that we all move to farms, quit our jobs, become professional chefs or make our own olive oil.


I hope others will begin to think about what they eat, where they chose to spend their "food money" and how that affects their lives, their health, their community and the environment.   


I hope that everyone will realize how
easy and how inexpensive it is to make food choices where you can proud of the food future that these choices create.

No comments:

Post a Comment